Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My story!

Before you read this poem, I must warn you,
It's a big one, took me minutes twenty-two.
To pen down my thoughts, for you to read,
Just in case, you might in the future need!




'Twas a Thursday eve, I still remember,
Even the date's clear - 8th of September,
A red-letter day, embossed in gold,
I witnessed a natural wonder, lo and behold!

Sitting on a couch, sipping hot coffee!
Enjoying myself, with an occasional toffee,
Down she came, with steps so graceful,
I thought to myself, who's this b-e-a-utiful?

She sat on the couch, in front of me,
As if to allow, only me to see,
Oh my God! I exclaimed, what a creation by you!
You read every man's heart, what a master are you!

I was introduced to her, ______ was her name,
Arts she studied, brilliant acads to her fame!
She smiled ever so gently, my heart skipped a beat,
In the cold chilly environs, I just felt some heat!

Introductions over, now's the time to talk.
I began to feel jittery, just wanted to take a walk.
I mustered enough courage, and asked her many a thing,
It helped me soothe my nerves, and get things under my wing!

Time played its trick, and soon I had to leave,
Before leaving I said, Boy!, you did something achieve,
Parting is such a sweet sorrow, so said Shakespeare,
I couldn't agree more, but right now, right here!

I slept that night, her picture in my eyes!
What a beauty she was, both witty and wise!
For the first time in my life, I did a soft dance,
For the first time in my life, I had some good romance!

I woke up the next morning, still in that daze,
What a sight she was, couldn't take off my gaze!
I called on our mutual friend, and told all I had to tell,
Her happy face changed color, that's when lightning fell!

She's already committed, just a week back, said her,
On a cold Friday morning, I just felt colder!
My heart stopped abruptly, my mouth went dry,
the phone slipped from my hands, I just wanted to cry!

My friend consoled me, but I shed more than a tear.
For days together, nothing could get me to cheer!
Will I ever, find a better love in the future near?
What if not, that was all I used to fear!

That was when He came, and told me the truth!
Boy, don't you realise you're in the prime age of youth!
This had to happen, sooner or later,
But you must only learn, not to be a quitter!

Was it really love, He asked me twice,
Tell me the truth, I want no lies!
It then dawned upon me, I was a big loser!
'Tis no rocket-science, to know the right answer!

I stood upright and dried my eyes,
And looked upwards, into the blue skies.
You're right I said, feeling much better,
'Twas no love, not even a single letter!

That's my boy, said He, now don't you worry!
I'll take all care, so you must not hurry!
Just remember this, that you'll find your love true!
'Coz someone beautiful somewhere, is waiting for you!

Himanshu [ 11 July, 2006]

2 comments:

Amol Shah said...

hey nice work man

abhimir said...

nice one dude... the pain of the narrator is potrayed very beautifully... i could almost sense the hurt that the protagonist must hav felt wen he found out about the fact that the girl is already engaged..
on the whole, a good work... and do keep writing.. will look out for more from you..